If you are planning to travel to Honduras as part of an MDM Mission Team, or if you are interested in doing so and wonder what you need to know, here are a few Q&A to help you decide to visit The Mountain.
Located in Central America, Honduras has been blessed with natural riches and kind people. Most of its population lives in extreme poverty. MDM Honduras tirelessly works to provide assistance bringing transformation in the communities through God and His purposes.
Our mission is to bring transformation to children’s lives, their families, and communities around the village of San Matías, in what we call The Mountain.
How do we do that?
This transformation can only be achieved through programs designed to improve the living conditions of the families, through education opportunities, clean and drinkable water, nutritional and health care, house construction and improvements, saving groups, and economic development opportunities.
What would I do over there?
As a missionary, you will not only be able to see first-hand their living condition and understand the meaning of MDM’s work there; you will be able to share your time and energy by participating in one or several projects. We are sure that your presence in Honduras will be of a blessing to many children and families, and your participation will bring blessings back at you.
What are some of the Projects like?
You will be involved in projects such as:
- Community Outreach: visiting local families, praying for and with them, and delivering food baskets.
- Housing: building a house, pouring concrete floors, replacing roofs.
- Clean water: setting up and distributing water filters.
- Skill workshops: Training locals in handcrafts, entrepreneurship, sales, business development.
I want to go. What should I do?
Whether you are planning to travel personally or are motivated to put together a Mission Team with your family, friends, or local church, you will need to follow these steps:
- Reach out to MDM’s office through our website’s Contact Form. Our team can help you with the rest!
- Determine departure and return dates, Mission Team participants, and projects.
- Every participant must submit a copy of these forms:
- New team covenant
- Application to Join a Short-Term Mission Team
- Liability and Medical Treatment Release form
- Buy travel tickets and Insurance.
What about accommodation and transportation?
Upon arrival, MDM Honduras takes care of providing transportation during your stay in the country. MDM Honduras takes care of reserving accommodations for all Mission Team participants, in a hotel in the city of Tegucigalpa; and transportation from the hotel to the operations center in The Mountain, to project locations and back.
Interested in going but not sure you can travel yet? We also offer Virtual Mission Trips. Learn more about them by contacting us.
Leave a Reply